Saturday, February 20, 2016

"The entire world is going to be on top of you in a matter of minutes.”


###

The helicopter touched down softly in a storm of dust, debris, and the smoke that was still rising from the freshly demolished power chamber.

The pilot cut the engine, removed his headset, and disembarked the craft.

Captain Olympia, seated nearby on a chunk of concrete, waited and watched the tall, dark-haired man approach.

Captain Olympia, isn’t it?” the man said once he got close enough.

Who wants to know?”

I’m Spartucus Finch. Editor of The Supercity Gazette. We’ve met.”

You could have left your copter running … you won’t be staying long.”

Finch chuckled. “I guess public relations isn’t your strong suit.”

I guess not trespassing isn’t your strong suit.”

You know, I’m sensing that you don’t really want to talk to me.”

So you have some sense.”

But you should want to talk to me.”

Why?”

And let me tell you why.”

Okay …”

Because whatever happened here … the entire world is going to be on top of you in a matter of minutes.”

Yeah?”

And I have a feeling you don’t want that. Neither of us wants that.”

You don’t want that?”

Of course not. Neither of us wants the whole world crawling over this place.”

We don’t? I mean, you don’t?”

No. You’re much better off … just telling me your story—the story you want to get out. Whatever I print, everyone else will go along with. They’d rather not have to do their own work anyway.”

That actually sounds pretty good.”


And I … get the exclusive.”

###

Superhero Story 2 is 100% fun, and appropriate for all ages!

Available at AmazoniBooksSmashwords.com,
Books-A-Million, and most other online booksellers.


No comments:

Post a Comment