Saturday, October 4, 2014

Being held for ransom is a pain ...


There was nothing to see, save for a security camera mounted high in the corner, staring down at him.

He stared back a moment, into the unblinking electric eye. “Enjoying the show? I hope you’re having as much fun as I am.” He put some pressure on the cords that bound his hands behind him to the chair he was sitting on. Then he tested the restraints that fastened his ankles to the chair’s legs. He sighed. “What a pain. I could pop out of these things so easy, and get going … but I’d blow my cover.”

Heavy footsteps outside the room drew near.

“HEY!” MacPherson said. “I have to use the little boy’s room! HEY!”

The footsteps stopped at the door. It was unlocked, unlatched, and then swung open.

“What’s that?” asked Ragnar the Red, standing in the doorway. “Sorry, I’m sure the service here isn’t what you’re used to, Billionaire MacPherson.”

“My name’s not Billionaire.”

The Viking laughed. “To us it is, MacPhersonto us it is.”



It's 100% fun, and appropriate for all ages!

Available at AmazoniBooksSmashwords.com,
Books-A-Million, and most other online booksellers.


No comments:

Post a Comment