Friday, June 26, 2015

“There’s nothing real about being a celebrity. You should remember that.”


###


Hi guys.”

“Hi,” Halley said.

“Whoa!” Ben said. “You’re …”

Jake looked up from his broom. “Mister MacPherson.”

“Kirk.” The distinguished looking man extended his hand. 

“Kirk MacPherson. Glad to meet you.”

They all shook hands.

His imposing physique was apparent through his three-piece suit.

“I didn’t expect to see you here,” Halley said, with a starstruck look in her eyes.

“Well … my name’s on the building.”

“Yeah,” Ben said, “his name’s right out there on the building.”

Jake shook his head.

“I meant,” she said, “being a real celebrity, and all …”

“Let me tell you something,” MacPherson said, “there’s nothing real about being a celebrity. You should remember that.”

“Yeah,” Ben said. “You guys should remember that.”
MacPherson smiled. “I’m here to look in on my partner. You seen him around?”

“Doctor Rhoads?” Jake said. “I saw him go that a-way.” He pointed at a door.

“His office is that a-way,” MacPherson said. “I might have guessed I’d find him there.” He nodded to the teenagers, and took a step toward the door.

“Um … Mister MacPherson?” Halley said. “Do you give … autographs?”

“Yes, I do. But another time, okay? We’ll be seeing each other again—I promise.”

“Okaaay,” she drawled as he removed himself, disappearing through the doorway.

“Geesh,” Ben said. “Haven’t you ever met a bigshot before? What a GIRL.”

She smirked at him. “I thought you liked that, Ben.”

“Well yeah, sometimes.”

Jake shook his head again. “I think you’re both girls.”

“Jakey,” Ben said, “cut me some slack, kid.”


“Benji,” Jake said with a grin, “I don’t think I will.”

###

It's 100% fun, and appropriate for all ages!

Available at AmazoniBooksSmashwords.com,
Books-A-Million, and most other online booksellers.


No comments:

Post a Comment