Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Arena Mode - Prologue

Suspended three kilometers above The Arena I was waiting to be dropped from a hovercraft.

If the fall didn’t kill me someone at the bottom certainly would. Anyone in the competition could melt me with a plasma bolt, incinerate me with their heat vision, or simply pummel me to death with their bare hands. But if I managed to survive all of that, and those chances were slim, the time bomb ticking away inside my head would eventually do me in. Either way I was toast...it was just a matter of time.  

Continue reading at http://blakenorthcott.com/prologue.shtml



The Arena Mode Saga is drawing to a conclusion with ‘Final Empire’, the third and final book of the bestselling sci-fi/superhero series by Canadian author Blake Northcott.
The 300+ page novel will be available on Kickstarter beginning October 18th, and will include illustrations throughout by a number of notable artists:
  • Natasha Allegri (Adventure Time, Fionna and Cake)
  • John Broglia (God Complex, Unmasked)
  • Joe Corroney (Star Wars, Star Trek)
  • Derek Laufman (Batman Black & White, Marvel vs. Capcom)
  • Mark McKenna (Star Wars: Old Republic, Justice League)
  • Steve McNiven (Death of Wolverine, Guardians of the Galaxy)
  • David Nakayama (Deadpool cover artist)
  • Roc Upchurch (Rat Queens)
As well as illustrations from Thor Mangila of Iron Age Comics, and YouTube personality Comic Book Girl 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment