Saturday, April 18, 2020

“There’s more to life than dodgeball, you know.”


###

“There’s more to life than dodgeball, you know.”

“You’re waxing philosophical today.”

“Hey,” Ben said, “I saw it in a fortune cookie or something.”

Jake picked up a ball and bounced it off the wall.
“It’s just that … it’s discouraging.”

He bounced another ball off the wall.

“I hear you,” Ben said. “Of course it’s discouraging.  That’s what being an teenager is all about, Jakey.  At least, it’s one of the things it’s all about.”

Another ball bounced off the wall, harder.

“And it’s frustrating,” Jake said, sounding angrier.

“What I just said,” Ben said. “Same thing … just insert the word ‘frustrating’.”

“And I know …” Jake wound up to throw again.

Ben’s eyes grew large as saucers, the rubber ball in Jake’s hand having become engulfed in a glowing, multicolored sphere of energy.

Which his disgruntled friend didn’t seem to notice.

“Ummm …” Ben said. “Jake?”

Jake didn’t hear him.

“I know … I’m not … A LOSER!”

He heaved the glowing ball.

And it smashed through the block gymnasium wall like a wrecking ball.

Jake and Ben looked at each other.

“WHOAH!” Jake said. “Did you see … that?”

I would never call you a loser,” Ben said, eyeing his friend’s handiwork. “Please don’t throw anything at me.”

###

Superhero Story 2 is 100% fun, and appropriate for all ages!

Available at AmazoniBooksSmashwords.com,
Books-A-Million, and most other online booksellers.


No comments:

Post a Comment